About: A Community School is both a place and a set of partnerships between the school and other community resources. Its integrated focus on academics, health and social services, youth and community development and community engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities. Using public schools as hubs, community schools bring together many partners to offer a range of supports and opportunities to children, youth, families and communities.
Community School Goals:
- Children are ready to enter school
- Students attend school consistently
- Students are actively involved in learning and their community
- Families are increasingly involved with their children’s education
- Schools are engaged with families and communities
- Students succeed academically
- Students are healthy – physically, socially, and emotionally
- Students live and learn in a safe, supportive, and stable environment
- Communities are desirable places to live.
Community School Coordinator: Ms. Jillian Albus