Mission Statement: To Enhance the Learning Opportunities for All Students of the Bethlehem Area School District.
Background Information: Formerly known as the Bethlehem Area Education Foundation (BAEF), The Foundation for the Bethlehem Area School District began in March of 1999, after a one-year feasibility study. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees made up of members of the community working in concert with, but independent of the Bethlehem Area School District. To move the Foundation forward, the Board of Trustees amended the bylaws to include paid employees and hired a part-time Executive Director in the fall of 2014. Over the years, the foundation has worked closely with school district administrators to prepare programs and opportunities for funding that will support rigor, relevance and innovation in classrooms throughout the district. In order to achieve the Foundation’s mission, the following strategic goals have been set:
- Mobilize the community to promote and foster the Bethlehem Area School District
- Support educator innovation to advance curriculum and dynamic learning environments
- Support school district programs that emphasize Core Learning, Stretch Learning, Student Engagement and Personal Skill Development
- Foster community and family partnerships
- Raise and leverage necessary resources to support the mission of the Foundation
- Develop a collaborative spirit and supportive relationships between the Bethlehem Area Education Foundation, the Bethlehem Area School District and the Bethlehem Education Association