Home / News / NMS_Letter from Mrs. Woodson

Dear Parents & Guardians,

At tonight’s BASD School Board Meeting, Mrs. Woodson was named as the new principal of Freemansburg Elementary School. Attached is a letter from her to our school community. We wish her continued success in her career!

An interim Dean of Students will be named shortly to assist me with our administrative duties for the duration of the 2nd Semester and the Assistant Principal position will be posted to allow the BASD to hire the new Assistant Principal for Nitschmann Middle School. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Mayes

*******************

January 25, 2022

Dear Nitschmann Community,

It has been an honor to serve as the Assistant Principal here at Nitschmann Middle School for the past six months. I can honestly say that my time here has been filled with many blessings. I have built genuine relationships with our students, staff, parents, and community partners. Having students return to in-person learning during this pandemic has had its challenges, but we have all grown from it and we are better together.

After much thought, personal reflection, and professional guidance, I have been appointed to the position of Principal at Freemansburg Elementary School here in the Bethlehem Area School District. I am excited for this opportunity to continue seeing students learn and grow here in BASD.

Saying goodbye is never easy; however, I know our students and faculty will continue to be the best they can be. Nitschmann is an excellent place to work and Dr. Mayes has done an amazing job with upholding the mission and vision of the school.

As I step out of this role, I will take the Lion Pride with me and will always hold a special place in my heart for Nitschmann Middle School.

With heartfelt gratitude,

Mrs. Ashlee Woodson