Dear Parents & Guardians of Nitschmann Middle School Students,
At tonight’s BASD School Board Meeting, the BASD School Board voted and approved the updated Health & Safety Plan, which moves the district to a “mask-optional policy” for all students & staff. Our staff has prepared for this change and we are ready to implement this effective for tomorrow, Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
Please review the bulleted points below:
Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Dr. Mayes, Principal
Mask Optional Rules
- Students, staff, or visitors are not required to wear masks inside the school building or on BASD Transportation.
- No masks will be distributed to students at the doors. Masks will be available only upon request at Student Services. Students or staff who do choose to wear a mask should wear it properly, covering the nose and mouth.
- Students or staff who wear a mask should not be the victim of any harassing behaviors on their choice to wear or not wear a mask. Students should report any issues to a teacher or Student Services immediately.
- BASD faculty & staff will not enforce a family decision to wear a mask at school at the secondary level. Parents/guardians should discuss this with their child.
- Teachers may not require students to wear masks in their classrooms. Nurses may require students to wear masks in the Health Room for specific reasons, such as when students may be exhibiting respiratory illness symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Cafeteria seating procedures will return to normal on Monday, March 7, 2022. Students who request space during seating at lunch will be accommodated through Student Services.