Mrs. Kolesnik is the guidance counselor at Donegan Elementary: A Community School. The guidance department of the Bethlehem Area School District advocates for and is committed to providing all students with equitable access to academic opportunities as well as social and emotional supports and services through a data-driven, developmentally appropriate, and culturally responsive model that requires all members of the school, family and community to optimize success.
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Promoting awareness on bullying and healthy relationships
- Organize and participate in the MTSS process (multi-tier system of supports)
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, agencies and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
I am looking forward to continuing to help our students reach their full potential. Should you have any questions or need additional information, I can be reached at 610-866- 0031 ext. 65902 or email@example.com.
Elementary School Counseling brochures are available in the guidance office.