Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to third grade! My name is Mrs. Linkert and I am so excited to be teaching third grade at Governor Wolf this year! I can’t wait to meet all of my students and learn about all of their interests. I am sure you are curious about me as well. Let me tell you a bit about myself.
I was born in Bethlehem and have lived here my entire life. When I was younger, I was also a student in BASD. I have earned a Bachelors’s in Elementary Education as well as a Master’s degree. I have a son named Isaac and many pets at home. My favorite subject to learn about is math, but my favorite subject to teach is science.
I am looking forward to beginning this school year with you!
Information for Parents
- Math facts need to be practiced five nights a week with VIFs or flashcards.
- Tests will require your signature.
- Students who ride the bus in the morning, but not the afternoon should notify the bus driver and homeroom teacher by note. Any dismissal changes require a note.
- A written note is required for all absences and tardies. This must be done within three days of return to school.
- Suggested time for phone calls ~ 8:25 to 8:50 daily.
Third Grade Curriculum
- Math practice opportunities are given online on most days of the week.
- Students will participate in whole group and small group reading activities.
- We will be using the McGraw-Hill Reveal Math Program.
- We will be using the McGraw Hill Wonders ELA program.
- Special emphasis is placed on map skills and the study of Historic Bethlehem and Bethlehem today.
- Students will study the human body, magnetism, and the earth.