James Buchanan Elementary School (JBES) awards one scholarship, as permitted by the approved budget, to a graduating Bethlehem Area School District (BASD) senior who attended JBES and will be enrolled in an accredited college, university or a technical/vocational institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following high school graduation. Funds for the scholarships come from JBES PTA Membership.
Purpose of Scholarship
The purpose is to support BASD students who are focused on achieving career goals through higher education. In evaluating each application, the scholarship committee will also consider service and participation in school activities, community involvement and scholastic merit.
Applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Applicant must have attended JBES and be a graduating BASD high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college, university or a technical/vocational institute in the summer or fall semester immediately following his/her high school graduation.
- A completed application and required documents must be received by 20 April 2018 to be eligible for consideration.
Guidelines for Submission
In order to qualify the applicant must complete and submit the following:
- The JBES PTA Scholarship Application Form
- A copy of High School Transcript
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: personal or professional (excluding relatives).