Welcome to Kindergarten at James Buchanan Elementary School!
Can you believe that you are getting your little one ready for Kindergarten?
In order to have a successful year, we recommend that each child is prepared on the first day of school with the following items:
- A backpack that can hold a 9 x 11 folder (labeled with your child’s name)
- 1 folder with 2 pockets (no prongs needed)
- Labeled lunchbox if your child is packing
- 1 hard plastic supply box-containing 2 glue sticks, 2 #2 pencils, 1 dry erase marker, 1 box of crayons, 1 pair of scissors
- A change of clothes in case of an accident (labeled in a bag)
- Headphones (no ear buds) to keep at school (labeled in a bag)
- A simple peanut-free snack (each day)
- A NON SPILL water bottle- filled with water only!
We are also asking for donations to keep in our classrooms.
Feel free to donate the following items to your child’s classroom throughout the year:
- Glue sticks
- Antibacterial wipes
- Hand sanitzier
- Hand soap
- Dry erase markers
- Baggies: gallon, quart, sandwich, snac