William Penn Elementary School
The William Penn Elementary School is an open concept school that sits on Main Street in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1972 and is one of the smallest of the 16 elementary schools in the Bethlehem Area School District.
William Penn is a Community School through the United Way, working with several partners including Moravian College.
This true neighborhood school has a dedicated and caring staff, with a mission statement that says: Together we learn. Together we lead!
William Penn School Objectives
- Students attend school regularly
- Students succeed academically through quality, engaging instruction
- Families are partners who are actively involved with their child’s education
- Assist with basic needs such as food and clothing
- Students are healthy – physically, socially and emotionally
- Students are actively involved in learning and in their community
- Provide enriching after school programs
- Ensure our school and the neighborhood is a safe place
- Through the Leader in me Program, empower students with the leadership and life skills needed to thrive in the 21st century