COPS N KIDS: Cops N Kids Book Drive. Leaders Rock 2.0 is having a Cops N Kids book drive for the next two weeks. We need as many books as we can get! All grades are welcome to donate! Turn your books in to your homeroom teacher. Whichever homeroom brings in the most books will receive a prize! Thank you for helping Cops N Kids!
POPCORN: We will be selling popcorn for hornet fives on Tuesday, October 8th during all lunches. Save five hornet fives for a bag of popcorn. We will punch the white copy only and you will still be able to use them toward your proud pounds. Please wait patiently for your table to be called to the school store for popcorn on this day. Popcorn… Mmmmmmm.
- ARCHERY: Advanced archery will continue to meet on Wednesdays after school and beginner archery will be Fridays after school. Archers please bring in your t-shirt order form by October 11 if you plan on getting an archery t-shirt. If you misplaced your order form please see Mrs. Papagni in room B305 to get another one.
- BOY SCOUTS: Any student interested in joining the Boy Scouts, please pick up a flyer in the Student Services office. Boy Scouts will meet once a week on Tuesdays after school
- DISC GOLF CLUB: Disc golf club is canceled today. We will meet this week on Thursday. See you then!
- ROCKET CLUB: The Rocket Club will begin on Oct 10 at 3:05- 4:05pm in room B201. Then every Tuesday and Thursday 3:05 -4:05pm. Students with a signed parent permission slip please attend.
- SOFTBALL SKILLS CLUB: Attention girls in softball skills club, the meeting on Monday October 7th will start at 3:35 and go until 4:35pm. Please make sure your transportation home is aware of that. You should still change after school and head out to the softball field.
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: Rehearsal schedule for the week of October 7: Monday, October 7 – No rehearsal – faculty meeting; Tuesday, October 8 – Girls Group; Wednesday, October 9 – No rehearsal – enjoy your day off!; Thursday, October 10 – Boys Group
- BOYS BASKETBALL OPEN GYM: 7th and 8th Grade boys. There will be a boys basketball open gym on Monday, 10/7 from 3:15 to 4:15pm in the Main gym for 7th and 8th grade boys only. If you have any questions, please see Coach Carlstrom in room D105.
- FOOTBALL: NEMS football team had a HUGE!!!! win over their undefeated cross town rivals East Hills. There are honestly too many stand outs to mention their names individually so great JOB TO EVERYONE!!!! Keep working hard guys!!!!!! GREAT WIN!!!!!!!
- GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: The Northeast Volleyball Team came up against a tough opponent on Friday with three losses to Lower Macungie. However, the Junior Varsity team worked together and played well to earn a victory in their game against the visiting opponent. Congratulations, ladies! This week, the Team continues to recognize October Pink Out. The Team will be collecting donations for the American Cancer Society at all home games this month. Come out and cheer the Team on tomorrow when they meet up against Whitehall and help Northeast Volleyball ‘Block Cancer’!
DISMISSAL: Students please note that you are not permitted to remain in the building after dismissal unless you are involved in an activity. If you are waiting for a friend, please wait outside of the building.
SAFE TO TELL: It’s SAFE to Tell.” The SAFE Team exists to help students with problems in a confidential manner to help remove any and all barriers to education. You can refer your friends or yourself. Just fill out the SAFE to Tell form which you can find in your homeroom, Student Services, the Library and the Main Office and drop the form in the SAFE Box or give it to your homeroom teacher who will deposit the form for you. Don’t worry, “It’s Safe To Tell.