New Student Registration: Students will need to be registered at the resident school that services your residence (home address). If you do not know which school your child should attend, please call the Child Accounting Department (610-861-0500, extensions 60272, 60273, or 60274) to determine which school services your home address. It is then recommended that you contact the school to register your child. For school transfers within BASD, please contact your child’s current school and provide 2 proofs of your new address for the transfer to occur to the new school.
To register a new student for Northeast Middle School, please complete the registration link or contact Ms. Damarilis Rodriguez for an appointment or registration questions at (610) 868-8581.
Parents will be able to upload the required documents into the system. Once the registration process is complete, the school will contact the parent usually within 2-3 business days with additional details and start date information. Registrations during the summer months, the process will be similar. However, a school letter with Beginning of School Year information and start date will be mailed out to parents by mid to late August.
Please note: A school district shall normally enroll a child the next business day, but not later than five (5) business days of application. The school district has no obligation to enroll a child until the parent, guardian, or other person having control or charge of the student making the application has supplied proof of the child’s age, a minimum of two proofs of residency, and immunizations as required by law, except in the case of homeless students.
Acceptable proofs of residence are:
- Agreement of sale to purchase a home in the Bethlehem Area School District
- Lease Agreement
- Utility bill
- Change of address from the Post Office (yellow sticker on received letter)
- Current automobile registration with current driver’s license and current insurance card. These three are still only one proof of residency.
- Letter from the Social Security Administration stating that the family is the recipient of Social Security benefits and has provided the Social Security Administration with a Bethlehem Area School District address.
- Letter from the Department of Public Welfare
- Bank statement
- Letter from employer
- Credit card bill