May & June Activities
- 5/22 – 5/23 Junior Craftsman Trip
- 5/27 – Schools Closed Memorial Day
- 5/28 – Grade 7 is attending an outdoor experience of Day Trip at Camp Men-o-lan
- 5/29 – 8th Grade Expo from 5-7 p.m.
- 5/30 – 8th Grade with Track Meet
- 5/31 – 8th Grade Farewell Dance
- 6/1 – Great Southside Sale
- 6/1 – Broughal Music Department‘s presentation of the music of Lin Manuel Miranda
- 6/7 – Last of School and Moving Up Ceremony
Congratulations on winning outstanding creativity!
Congratulations to Mrs. Carr and her talented students! We send our thanks to all the folks at Piramal who took time to share what they do and give suggestions to improve our final product.
Breakfast will be served starting at 7:45 a.m. in the cafeteria for first wave of students.
- At 7:45 students must enter door number #14 (located by the field).
- Students will eat from 7:45 a.m. to 8:05 a.m. and be released back to homeroom.
- Second Wave: The second wave of students will enter the cafeteria from 8:05 a.m. – 8:13 a.m.
- Students will enter the cafeteria using the main stairwell entrance.
As the school year progresses, we encourage all students to embrace opportunities to obtain school supplies, join activities, clubs and sports, and make the best of this school year!
What’s Happening at Broughal?
We are grateful for everyone who makes it possible for our students to come to school every day, on time, ready to learn. We are also grateful for all of the cooperation that makes events like What’s So Cool About Manufacturing and The Little Mermaid such amazing opportunities for our students to develop and share their talents!
- …students and families for making daily attendance a priority since you know the habit of attendance will help students do well in the classroom and in future jobs!
- …teachers who make the classroom exciting so students will not want to miss out on learning.
- …support staff and community volunteers who provide the extra attention our students need.
Always we want to take time to thank our community partners for all they do to support Broughal families throughout the course of the school year. Just Born Inc., Lehigh University, St. Luke’s, and the United Way – working with you strengthens us immeasurably and we are truly grateful for your support.
Our focus continues to be on improving literacy and student achievement. This year we have restructured our English Language Arts program so that students have one class period devoted to a combination of reading and writing, and a discovery period where we can target the needs of each individual student. Students take assessments like Scholastic Reading and Math Inventories, Classroom Diagnostic Tools (CDT), Keystone Exams, WIDA, and Pennsylvania System School Assessment (PSSA) to identify areas of strength and weakness. Teachers are continually reviewing this data and using it to strengthen areas that need attention as we seek to challenge, inspire, and motivate Broughal students to maximize their potential. Parents are encouraged to contact their children’s teachers or guidance counselors to review performance data and help bolster their students’ achievement. Contact information for all staff members is available in our Staff Directory located under the School tab above.
Rick Amato, Principal
Nancy Zoudeh, Assistant Principal