Families, mark your calendars for student-led conferences on November 19 & 20. We are excited for you to visit and see what your children are learning!
40 – 20 over the Northeast Hornets!
Just a reminder that students should enter school by 8:05 as follows:
- Grade 6 students will enter school using the Auditorium doors.
- Grade 7 students will enter school using the cafeteria doors located behind the school.
- Grade 8 students will enter school using the main entrance.
As the school year begins, we encourage all students to embrace opportunities to obtain school supplies, join activities, clubs and sports, and make the best of this new school year!
What’s Happening at Broughal?
Some photos from the 8th grade visit to Fountain Hill Elementary 9/27/18
We are grateful for everyone who makes it possible for our students to come to school every day, on time, ready to learn.
- …students and families for making daily attendance a priority since you know the habit of attendance will help students do well in the classroom and in future jobs!
- …teachers who make the classroom exciting so students will not want to miss out on learning.
- …support staff and community volunteers who provide the extra attention our students need.
Always we want to take time to thank our community partners for all they do to support Broughal families throughout the course of the school year. Just Born Inc., Lehigh University, St. Luke’s, and the United Way – working with you strengthens us immeasurably and we are truly grateful for your support.
Our focus continues to be on improving literacy and student achievement. This year we have restructured our English Language Arts program so that students have one class period devoted to a combination of reading and writing, and a discovery period where we can target the needs of each individual student. Students take assessments like Scholastic Reading and Math Inventories, Classroom Diagnostic Tools (CDT), Keystone Exams, WIDA, and Pennsylvania System School Assessment (PSSA) to identify areas of strength and weakness. Teachers are continually reviewing this data and using it to strengthen areas that need attention as we seek to challenge, inspire, and motivate Broughal students to maximize their potential. Parents are encouraged to contact their children’s teachers or guidance counselors to review performance data and help bolster their students’ achievement. Contact information for all staff members is available in our Staff Directory located under the School tab above.
Rick Amato, Principal
Nancy Zoudeh, Assistant Principal