Broughal Middle School Weekly Update
Sunday, June 5, 2022 to Sunday, June 12, 2022
- **New Team Member Alert**
I am pleased to announce that Mrs. Jennifer Cierech will be joining Broughal Middle School next year as Assistant Principal! Mrs. Cierech is currently serving BASD as K-5 Lead Teacher for the elementary Spanish program. Before serving at the elementary level, Mrs. Cierech taught Spanish at Freedom High School since 2005 and was the BASD B.E.S.T Award winner for High School in 2017. She started her teaching career in New Jersey in 1996 and is bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to Broughal Middle School. She also has triplets that recently graduated from Freedom High School! Welcome, Mrs. Cierech!
- 8th Grade MOVING UP Ceremony 6/8 @ 9:30 AM: Each student will get four tickets for immediate family members to attend. No more than four family members will be allowed to attend due to auditorium capacity limits. The ceremony will also be streamed on YouTube. Students will receive four tickets on Tuesday 6/7.
- To access the Live Stream of the Moving Up Ceremony, please click this link on Wednesday, June 8th. The stream will start at 9:15 and the ceremony will begin at 9:30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-lTipti94
- Student/Family Internet Hotspots – Students assigned hotspots must be returned the device by June 3, 2022. IT will suspend the devices over the summer.
- Broughal Summer Ramp-Up Camp: July 25th – August 5th, 8:30 am-12:30 pm. Offered to rising 6th, 7th and 8th-grade students who would benefit from academic intervention over the summer. Space is limited! Register Here!
- Important Dates:
- Monday 6/6 – 8th Grade Dance 6:00-8:00 PM @ BMS
- Wednesday 6/8 – 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony in Auditorium 9:30 AM- 11:0 0AM – more information to follow.
- Thursday 6/9 – 5-11 yr old Covid Booster Clinic @ Broughal Middle School – 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm – SIGN UP HERE
*Links to Review *
Chromebook Issues? Contact IT by submitting a request for Student Chromebook/IT Help
*Weekly Schedule & Highlights*
This week’s BASD eNews contains:
Some upcoming events included in this week’s edition include,
-June 5 – Liberty Celebrates their 100th with a Dedication Ceremony
BASD is offering FREE Preschool Programs
Planet Fitness is offering FREE Membership to students ages 14-19 all summer
This week our highlighted student is from MARVINE ES, our highlighted staff member is from CALYPSO ES, our graduate is from LIBERTY HS Class of 2009 and our 2022 B.E.S.T. award winners were surprised in their classroom and on the .
I hope you enjoy this week’s edition of the BASD eNews from Dr. Roy
*Student Services Updates*
Contact Members of the Student Services Team by email:
6th & 7th Grade: Miss Bouhana – Assistant Principal
8th Grade: Mrs. Zoudeh – Assistant Principal
Attendance: Mrs. Vasquez-Tatis Attendance Secretary
Registration: Mrs. Lisa Soto Guidance Secretary
Student Services Counseling Corner: Click Here!
6th Grade: Ms. Lillie
7th Grade: Mrs. Simpson
8th Grade: Ms. Soto
Please check out some resources in English & Spanish about Social Media and their digital lives
Please visit the Empower webpage on the District’s website for FAQs, Cost of Repair/Replacement, etc. for further understanding. The webpage is https://www.basdschools.org/empower.
2022-23 Info Coming Soon!
*Broughal Rockets Athletics Updates*
Sports Physicals – It’s that time of year again for sports physicals for the upcoming 2022-2023 season. There will be FOUR options to all BASD student-athletes. The first of the St. Luke’s free sports physicals will be held at Freedom High School followed by 3 events at Coca-Cola Park. (Both sign-up links are below)
- Thursday, June 2nd from 5:00-8:00 pm in the Freedom High School Main Gym. Please follow link to schedule. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E49ADAE28A0F5C07-freedom
- Coca-Cola Park physicals will be held on June 9th, July 13th, and July 28th all 2:00-7:00 pm. Sign up link: St. Luke’s Athlete Physicals (fevo.com)
- Physicals are by APPOINTMENT ONLY! We are not accepting walk-ins.
- Students must bring sections 6 and 7 of the PIAA Physical packet (included) completed to their physical appointment.
CLICK HERE FOR A PHYSICAL PACKET
Boys/Girls Football – Coach Bonilla & Coach Dobson
Girls Field Hockey- Coach Jordon & Coach Turanchik
Boys/Girls Cross Country- Coach Reese
Girls Volleyball- Coach Schomaker & Coach Packo
Cheerleading- Coach Gammel & Coach Farmer
Mr. Horlick, Principal
Mrs. Zoudeh, Assistant Principal
Miss Bouhana, Assistant Principal