State Representative Steve Samuelson visited with Government and Economics classes on 11/25/19. He explained to the students what is involved with his job and the...
You can Watch the Announcements On YouTube! Click Here
The Freshman members of Student Government –Are leading a food drive for Backpack Pals as their yearly service project. Collections points will be located throughout the Liberty campus – locations will include all offices and Rm. 514. Single serve boxed and canned food will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support!
Attention Seniors – Cap, gown and tassel – $17.40 – order online at www.Josten.com
SENIOR PICTURE DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING – If you did not already have your picture taken by Christmas City Studio, you must schedule and have your pictures taken before Friday, February 28 in order to appear in the 2020 yearbook. Please contact them ASAP to schedule your appt. by calling 610.691.2109 or by booking an appointment on line at http://www.christmascitystudio.com. If transportation is an issue and you cannot get to the studio, Christmas City Studio will be here at Liberty after the New Year. More information to follow. Any questions, please see Mrs. Gilliard in Rm. 001.
Seniors – Always check your BASD email for information regarding upcoming events. See Ms. Halper or Miss Michael with questions!
Lanta Bus Passes – Are available for purchase in the Coffee Shop $1 each.
After-school Library Program –The program is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The hours are from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please report to the library by 2:45 p.m. and the maximum capacity is 30 students.
Clubs & Organizations
Art Club – Meeting Tues. Dec. 10 in Room 202 at 2:30 PM.
FBLA: Meeting Wed, Dec 11 after school in Rm. 003. Permission slips & candy money due.
BOWLING CLUB – Bowling Tues. Dec. 10. Please pick up your permission slip, which MUST be returned, in order to bowl. Looking forward to seeing you!
BOWLING CLUB FUNDRAISER – Our bowling FUNdraiser at Town & Country Lanes has been rescheduled to this Sunday (December 15th) from 5 – 7 PM. Consider joining us for a fun night!. $10 tickets will cover 2 hours of Glow Bowling, shoes, and the chance to win a family bowling 4 pack. Tickets will be pre-sold at all lunches on Friday or buy at the door on Sunday. Hope to see you there!
Recycling for Sustainability – Meets every day after school i Rm. 507. 1 hour of community service is offered.
Social Justice Club – Meeting every Tuesday in Rm. 305 immediately after school.
Homework Club – Rm. 331. Every Tues., Wed., and Thurs. until 3:45, thereafter. Must sign in before 2:45 to participate.
Attention Sophomores and Juniors: Enrich your summer with competitive summer enrichment opportunities!!!!
These are formerly known as the Pennsylvania Governor’s Schools and offer 3 exciting opportunities this year. These programs are highly competitive but awesome opportunities for students who want to challenge themselves intellectually and socially with impactful leadership workshops and dynamic learning opportunities within the respective college programs.
Please see the programs below further information can be found at the websites. Deadlines vary.
For specific questions or to schedule a visit – Contact Diana Sheperd at email@example.com
For specific questions or to schedule a visit Contact – Karen Narkevie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pennsylvania School for Excellence in the Agricultural Sciences For specific questions or to schedule a visit Contact – Jenneth Layaou at PSEAS@psu.edu
HOBY – is hosting their State Leadership Seminar for Outstanding Sophomores in June 2020. Dates and University TBA. One student will be selected to attend a fun, interactive leadership training where they will meet state leaders and CEO’s. Experience life on a University campus, learn how you can be an impactful youth leader, and much more! Essays must be submitted by November 1st. Please ask your teacher or counselor for more information or visit: www.hoby.org
Great opportunity for Students interested in the STEM Field : STRIVE’s STEM Leadership Program begins in October
The FREE program is for high school students in the Lehigh Valley, and it provides them with hands-on STEM training, opportunities for leadership development, and exposure to professionals and college students who help them to begin thinking about their future career.
When: Wednesdays from 4-6:30PM, October 2 – June 3 . Where: Lehigh University
How to Pre-Register
2019-2020 Exploring Posts Is a unique career exploration program for young men and women ages 14 – 20.The program provides students with an opportunity to learn about a wide variety of career fields and network with professionals already working in those fields
Health Care St. Luke’s Bethlehem, Open House, Oct 23, 6PM St
Civil Service Klecknersville Rangers, Open Enrollment Bethlehem PD, Open House, Oct. 16, 7PM
Manufacturing Bihler, Inc, Open House, Oct 29 gg For more information about one of our open houses or joining one of our Exploring programs contact Lori Wehr, Senior Exploring Advisor, at email@example.com or 610-465-8580. You can join Exploring at any time but attending an open house is the best way to get involved. Many open house events require an rsvp so please contact your Exploring Advisor, Lori Wehr, prior to attending.
NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Coldstone Creamery – the Lehigh Valley Mall location is hiring at 16 years or older. Must be available nights and weekends, have a positive attitude, and enjoy working with others. Apply here.
- Boscov’s – the Lehigh Valley Mall location is hiring part-time for shoes, stock, domestics, and receiving. If interested, apply at the Courtesy Desk or click here.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club – is hiring cashiers, membership desk representatives, cart retrievers, and deli clerks at the Airport Rd. location at 16 years or older. Visit the Membership Desk for an immediate interview or apply here.
- Wegmans – The Route 512 location is hiring part-time for a variety of positions. Apply here.
- TJMaxx/Marshall’s – hiring at 16 or older. See Ms. Vazquez in SSC 112 for an application.
- Kumon Math and Reading Center – is looking for some energetic people. They need immediate assistance. They are located on Nazareth Pike in the Bethlehem Village Shoppes and are open two days per week, Tuesday and Friday nights from 4 PM to 8 PM. If you are looking for a job where you can make a difference, please call: Mrs. Neeta Garg, Bethlehem Kumon at (610) 967-3265.
- Dollar Tree – The Union Blvd. location is hiring cashiers. Must be 18 and available weekends. Visit the store for an application.
- Dunkin Donuts – the Linden St./Oakland Rd. location is hiring. Stop in the Dunkin across the street to apply or call 610-865-2299 for more information on the Oakland St. location.
- Burgerim – New burger chain restaurant is getting ready to open and is hiring for all positions. Located on Schoenersville Rd. next to Saladworks. Call 610-203-3140 or click on this link to apply.
- Weis Markets – The Schoenersville Rd. and Crawford Dr. locations are hiring at 16 or older. Apply here.
- Kohl’s – is hiring for the holidays. Text ‘Apply’ to 24508 or visit the Whitehall location to complete an application.
- Things Remembered – The Whitehall Mall location is hiring at 18 years or older. Apply here.
- UPS Store – The Catasauqua Rd. location is hiring at 18 years or older. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Physical requirements include the ability to stand for several hours at a time and ability to lift 50-75+ pounds. Must be flexible. Stop in 112 for an application.
- Valley Farm Market – is hiring at 16 years old. Must be available nights and weekends. Stop in SSC 112 for an application.
- Old Navy/Banana Republic/GAP/Athleta – The locations on Airport Rd., the Lehigh Valley Mall, and the Promenade Shops (as applicable) are hiring associates for the holidays. They offer a 50% employee discount at the primary store of employment and discounts at the other company stores. Apply here.
- Burger King – The Linden St., Stefko Blvd., and both MacArthur Rd. locations are hiring. Apply here.
- Kirkland Village – This senior living facility is hiring servers/waitstaff for various shifts. Click here to view them and apply.
- Westminster Village – This senior living facility is hiring servers/waitstaff for various shifts. Click here to view them and apply.
Megan Angelo, a native of Quakertown, Pennsylvania and a graduate of Villanova University, visited Liberty’s communication pathway students today. Ms. Angelo has written about television,...
Here are links to some slideshows: Red & Blue Day Decorations Bonfire! Senior Breakfast
Liberty held its annual Homecoming Pep Rally today – more pics tomorrow.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Adult Latin Ballroom Lessons Click to register and join the fun! Download the Registration Form
Liberty High School held a pre-Memorial Day Ceremony at the Veteran’s Memorial at the front of the Common’s Building. The flag was raised, and a...
Over 80 Liberty High School students were recognized for excellence in academic achievement before an audience of family, faculty members, and their peers today. ...
2019 Liberty Senior/ Junior Prom Information Saturday, May 18, 2019 Prom tickets are $145 per person (cash or money orders only, no personal checks will be...
2019 School Improvement Survey for High School Students 2019 School Improvement Survey for High School Teachers 2019 School Improvement Survey for High School Parents
Liberty’s Spring Musical “Beauty & the Beast” nominated for 10 Freddy Awards Outstanding Use of Scenery Outstanding Use of Lighting Outstanding Performance by an Actress...