TAKE CARE OF NE: We are lucky at Northeast to have a beautiful building. We all need to help take care of it, and take pride in our school. If you see any problems in our bathrooms, please report them immediately so that we can be sure they are ready for the next student who needs them.
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: If you love to sing and would like to audition for Boys Group, Girls Group, and NE Singers, please stop by and see Mrs. Parker for an audition. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Parker ASAP. The dates for auditions will be Tuesday, September 14th through Friday, September 17th, from 3:15 until 4:30. All students who audition must be a member of the chorus. These groups meet after school for rehearsals. Need details? Talk with Mrs. Parker in the chorus room!
- CHORUS: NE Students: are you interested in being a member of this year’s chorus? If so, please email Mrs. Parker at email@example.com or tell your HR teacher to send your name to Mrs. Parker. The chorus meets during day 1 and day 4 during Hornet Block. The only after school commitment is the winter and spring concerts.
- DEBATE CLUB: Debate Club is back! This is your opportunity to express your opinions and point-of-view on real-world and real-life issues. After school in Room 213, we will meet on Tuesday to research the day’s topic and then debate our findings! See Ms. Anderson in A213 for a permission slip. First meeting is on September 21st.
- FRENCH CLUB: French club is starting up for a limited number of 7th and 8th graders. It will take place once each month to celebrate culture and customs. Please see Mrs. Johnson in B202 for a permission slip.
- ROCK PAINTING: New this year to after school activities is Rock Painting. All grades are welcomed to join the 5 week class. Meet with Mrs. Korhammer twice a week for an hour after school beginning in October to learn how to make beautiful artwork on river rocks. There is limited space, so stop by her room, D202, to get a permission form.
- YANA CLUB: YANA is a new club this year just for 6th graders. YANA stands for You Are Not Alone. The transition to middle school can be difficult. A213 is the place to be after school on Thursdays. Gather with others to discuss concerns, do crafts, and play games is what YANA will do. See Ms. Anderson in A213 for a permission slip. YANA club’s first meeting is on Thursday, September 23rd.