ATTENDANCE AWARENESS: Happy Attendance Awareness Month! Did you know that missing just two days of school each month means that you are chronically absent? That’s right, just missing two days is a big deal. Why? Missing a day of school is like missing 8 TV shows that everyone else is talking about! When you return to the classroom, you’ve missed what everyone else did the day before and you are lost. After a while, these missed days add up. Coming to school every day is vital to your success. Attend today; achieve tomorrow!
HEALTH ROOM: The Health Room will be performing mandating screenings for the remainder of the week, so the health room will be closed except for emergencies and daily scheduled visits. Grade 8 screenings will be completed today and we will start the Grade 6 screenings. On Wednesday, Grade 6 screenings will resume. Grade 7 screening will be Thursday and Friday. Thank you!!
LUNCH: Please clear your lunch trays using the trash cans and then stack the styrofoam trays on the tables. This will help us reuse waste and do our part for the environment. Remember to think global and act local.
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: Congratulations to the new members of our after school vocal groups for the upcoming year! If you auditioned for a vocal group, please check your email to find Mrs. Parker’s message regarding rehearsals for the week ahead. -Boys Group will meet today, Monday, September 20th from 3:15-4:15 in the chorus room. -Northeast Singers will meet on Tuesday, September 21st from 3:15-4:15 in the chorus room. -Girls Group will meet on Wednesday, September 22nd from 3:15-4:15 in the chorus room. If there are any questions or concerns, either see or email Mrs. Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations and thank you for making us Northeast Proud!
- FRENCH CLUB: French club is starting up for a limited number of 7th and 8th graders. It will take place once each month to celebrate culture and customs. Please see Mrs. Johnson in B202 for a permission slip.
- GUITAR CHORDS 101 CLUB: Hey! Want to learn how to play chords on the guitar? Well…this after school activity is for YOU! You’ll learn both how to play basic chords as well as research songs that you would be interested in playing. We have guitars for you to use during this session, which will last 5 weeks. We will meet each week during both Thursday and Friday, from 3:15-4:15PM in the chorus room, D103. Participation is first come, first served!
- WORLD PERCUSSION: Attention 8th grade students, World Percussion Ensemble auditions will be WEDNESDAY after school in Mr. Huie’s room, D104. If you can’t make it that day, see Mr. Huie ASAP. Hope to see everyone then!
- YANA CLUB: YANA is a new club this year just for 6th graders. YANA stands for You Are Not Alone. The transition to middle school can be difficult. A213 is the place to be after school on Thursdays. Gather with others to discuss concerns, do crafts, and play games is what YANA will do. See Ms. Anderson in A213 for a permission slip. YANA club’s first meeting is on Thursday, September 23rd.