LHS THEATRE: Students who are attending today’s production at Liberty High School, please stop by the chorus room during Hornet Block today regarding information about your after school plans prior to walking over to LHS this afternoon at 4:45pm. Thank you!
PEDIATRIC CANCER FOUNDATION: Northeast Middle School is hosting a fundraiser for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation of the Lehigh Valley. This organization has directly helped members of our school community. Please see the attached flyer.
PROUD SOCIETY: Proud Society members, don’t forget to keep earning those proud pounds because you can still use them to get cool rewards. When you have a total of 12 proud pounds you get a Northeast lanyard, and when you have 17 you receive a NE pin. Come down to the school store on Days 1 or 4 to get your lanyard or pin. At the end of the year the top 100 proud society members with the most proud pounds get to go to the special Proud Society Event. Thanks for making our school Northeast Proud!
THANK YOU: Thank you to the students who represented Northeast so proudly this past Saturday at the Together We Sing workshop. Thank you for your time and incredible talent…hope you had a great time at the festival! You make us all NORTHEAST PROUD!
VOTE: A group of our 8th grade students created a video advertising how Lutron Electronics can brighten your future. Our Northeast team needs YOUR help to win the Viewer’s Choice Award. There are a few ways to vote. You can scan the QR code on one of the voting flyers posted around the building, you can go to the website https://www.whatssocool.org/contests /lehigh-valley/ or you can use the link on the Northeast website. Please take some time next week to vote for Northeast’s video about Lutron. Voting starts next Wednesday, March 23rd at midnight and runs until Friday, March 25th at midnight. You can vote as many times as you want, just refresh the page and vote again. Thank you!
WEARING OF MASKS: With masking now being optional, we would like to remind all of our students, teachers, and staff to respect each other’s choice to wear a mask Thank you.
WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY: Monday, March 21st is World Down Syndrome Day! All you need to do is choose some socks that are going to get noticed – they might be mismatched socks or your craziest and most colorful socks! If someone asks you about your socks you can tell them, “I’m wearing them to raise awareness of Down syndrome”. Snap a picture and post using the hashtag #LotsOfSocks Did you know?: People with Down syndrome have 47 chromosomes in each of the cells in their body. Most other people have 46.
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: Tuesday, March 22nd is a NE Singers rehearsal from 3:15-4:30pm. There is no rehearsal on Wednesday, March 23rd due to the half day for students. Any questions? See Mrs. Parker…thank YOU!
- ART CLUB: Meets every Tuesday after school in Mrs. Korhammer’s art room until 4:05pm.
- BAND & ORCHESTRA: Attention all musician students, please remember at the end of the day to pick your instrument up from the band room to take home and practice.
- CHORUS: To those students who are interested in auditioning for solos for We Don’t Talk About Bruno and Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story, we will have auditions after school on Thursday, April 7th from 3:15 – 4:30pm. Please put this date on your calendar if you are interested. Thank you.
- HOMEWORK CLUB: If you are in 8th grade and need help with your assignments, join Homework Clubs on Tuesdays and Thursdays! 8th grade meets in Mrs. Papagni’s room in B305. Miss Rinaldi’s 7th grade homework club has ended.
- WEIGHTLIFTING CLUB: We will be starting a weightlifting Club in the weight room located next to the Ladies locker room. It will run on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:15 to 4:15pm. The program will run for 4 weeks. The goal is to instruct students on the different exercises, proper form, and function associated with each muscle group. The club will go for 4 weeks. Please see Mr. Tom if interested.