EARTH DAY: To celebrate Earth Day this month, there will be a community clean-up event of the Marvine Pembroke area on April 23rd from 9am – 12pm. Volunteers will meet at the Boys & Girls Club of Bethlehem. If you are interested in volunteering please scan the QR code on one posters around the school or you can see Mrs. Bush or Student Leadership for more information.
LIBERTY MAJORETTE TRYOUTS: The Liberty Grenadier Band will be holding majorette auditions on Tuesday, May 10th at 3:30pm at Liberty High School. Things will run the same as past years. Candidates should: Prepare a routine that showcases their skills. The routine should be at least 32 counts, but not more than 48. It is preferred that candidates perform to music. It is preferred that they demonstrate their mark time during part of their routine. Candidates will also be taught a 32 count routine on the day. Candidates should dress comfortably and wear appropriate footwear for an audition. It is not necessary for report cards to be brought to auditions.
PROUD SOCIETY MINITHON: Proud Society Students, thank you for your hard work and successes at Northeast! We are happy to recognize you and all you do on Monday afternoon at our first Proud Society Mini-thon. Please be sure to wear your proud society t-shirt on Monday.
- 8th GRADE STUDENTS: 8th grade students who are members of instrumental groups, vocal groups, Sister Act Jr. cast and crew, dance team, and step team are invited to attend a performance at Freedom High School on Wednesday, April 20th to see the musical Curtains. Are you an 8th grader who is interested in attending the evening performance? Please see Mrs. Parker in the chorus room for a permission slip. The first 46 students who return a signed permission slip may attend. Either see or email Mrs. Parker for any questions you may have. Thanks!
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: There are no after school vocal group rehearsals until Wednesday, April 19th for Girls Group and Barbershop. Students who are doing solos and group work are to reach out to Mrs. Parker for rehearsal times in preparation for May 10th’s Vocal Ensembles Concert. Thank you!
- BAND & ORCHESTRA: Attention all musician students, please remember at the end of the day to pick your instrument up from the band room to take home and practice.
- CHORUS: Thank you to those students who auditioned for solos for We Don’t Talk About Bruno and Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story yesterday. Due to the number of students who auditioned today, we will need to have another day to finish. Please place Tuesday, April 12th from 11:35 until 12:00 on your calendar. Report to the chorus room immediately after the 11:30 dismissal. See you then!
- HOMEWORK CLUB: If you are in 8th grade and need help with your assignments, join Homework Clubs on Tuesdays and Thursdays! 8th grade meets in Mrs. Papagni’s room in B305. Miss Rinaldi’s 7th grade homework club has ended.
- WEIGHTLIFTING CLUB will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:15 to 4:15pm. The program will run for 4 weeks. The goal is to instruct students on the different exercises, proper form, and function associated with each muscle group. Please see Mr. Tom if interested.