EARTH DAY: To celebrate Earth Day this month, there will be a community clean-up event of the Marvine Pembroke area on April 23rd from 9am – 12pm. Volunteers will meet at the Boys & Girls Club of Bethlehem. If you are interested in volunteering please scan the QR code on one posters around the school or you can see Mrs. Bush or Student Leadership for more information.
LIBERTY MAJORETTE TRYOUTS: The Liberty Grenadier Band will be holding majorette auditions on Tuesday, May 10th at 3:30pm at Liberty High School. Things will run the same as past years. Candidates should: Prepare a routine that showcases their skills. The routine should be at least 32 counts, but not more than 48. It is preferred that candidates perform to music. It is preferred that they demonstrate their mark time during part of their routine. Candidates will also be taught a 32 count routine on the day. Candidates should dress comfortably and wear appropriate footwear for an audition. It is not necessary for report cards to be brought to auditions.
PROUD SOCIETY MINITHON: Proud Society Students, thank you for your hard work and successes at Northeast! We are happy to recognize you and all you do this afternoon at our first Proud Society Mini-thon. You must be wearing your proud society t-shirt to attend the event. 8th grade will be escorted to the fields after 8th grade lunch and 6th and 7th grade will be escorted to the fields after sixth grade lunch. 7th graders, please eat lunch with 6th grade at the round tables outside of the cafeteria at 12:02 – 12:32. All proud society members, please bring your things with you to lunch because you will be dismissed at 3:05 from the fields.
- 8th GRADE STUDENTS: 8th grade students who are members of instrumental groups, vocal groups, Sister Act Jr. cast and crew, dance team, and step team are invited to attend a performance at Freedom High School on Wednesday, April 20th to see the musical Curtains. Are you an 8th grader who is interested in attending the evening performance? Please see Mrs. Parker in the chorus room for a permission slip. The first 46 students who return a signed permission slip may attend. Either see or email Mrs. Parker for any questions you may have. Thanks!
- ADVANCED ARCHERY: Mrs. Papagni and Mr. Detwiler are happy to announce it is Advanced Spring Archery season. Spring archery is only for archers who have completed the safety course during beginning archery. So if you attended beginning archery at the start of this school year, you are eligible to join Advanced Spring Archery. No new archers are accepted at this time. We will have a brief meeting to pick up your permission slips on Friday, April 20th from 3:05-3:30 in Mr. Detwiler’s room A309. If you have any questions or cannot attend the meeting please see Mrs. Papagni
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: There are no after school vocal group rehearsals until Wednesday, April 19th for Girls Group and Barbershop. Students who are doing solos and group work are to reach out to Mrs. Parker for rehearsal times in preparation for May 10th’s Vocal Ensembles Concert. Thank you!
- BAND & ORCHESTRA: Attention all musician students, please remember at the end of the day to pick your instrument up from the band room to take home and practice.
- CHORUS: Thank you to those students who auditioned for solos for We Don’t Talk About Bruno and Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story yesterday. Due to the number of students who auditioned today, we will need to have another day to finish. Please place Tuesday, April 12th from 11:35 until 12:00 on your calendar. Report to the chorus room immediately after the 11:30 dismissal. See you then!
- HOMEWORK CLUB: If you are in 8th grade and need help with your assignments, join Homework Clubs on Tuesdays and Thursdays! 8th grade meets in Mrs. Papagni’s room in B305. Miss Rinaldi’s 7th grade homework club has ended.