EARTH DAY: To celebrate Earth Day this month, there will be a community clean-up event of the Marvine Pembroke area on April 23rd from 9am – 12pm. Volunteers will meet at the Boys & Girls Club of Bethlehem. If you are interested in volunteering please scan the QR code on one posters around the school or you can see Mrs. Bush or Student Leadership for more information.
LIBERTY CHEERLEADING: Any 8th grade student interested in trying out for Liberty Cheerleading for next school year and missed the meeting on April 11th, please pick up a cheerleading packet in the Main Office
LIBERTY MAJORETTE TRYOUTS: The Liberty Grenadier Band will be holding majorette auditions on Tuesday, May 10th at 3:30pm at Liberty High School. Things will run the same as past years. Candidates should: Prepare a routine that showcases their skills. The routine should be at least 32 counts, but not more than 48. It is preferred that candidates perform to music. It is preferred that they demonstrate their mark time during part of their routine. Candidates will also be taught a 32 count routine on the day. Candidates should dress comfortably and wear appropriate footwear for an audition. It is not necessary for report cards to be brought to auditions.
- 8th GRADE STUDENTS: 8th grade students who are members of instrumental groups, vocal groups, Sister Act Jr. cast and crew, dance team, and step team are invited to attend a performance at Freedom High School on Wednesday, April 20th to see the musical Curtains. Are you an 8th grader who is interested in attending the evening performance? Please see Mrs. Parker in the chorus room for a permission slip. The first 46 students who return a signed permission slip may attend. Either see or email Mrs. Parker for any questions you may have. Thanks!
- ADVANCED ARCHERY: Mrs. Papagni and Mr. Detwiler are happy to announce it is Advanced Spring Archery season. Spring archery is only for archers who have completed the safety course during beginning archery. So if you attended beginning archery at the start of this school year, you are eligible to join Advanced Spring Archery. No new archers are accepted at this time. We will have a brief meeting to pick up your permission slips on Friday, April 22th from 3:05-3:30 in Mr. Detwiler’s room A309. If you have any questions or cannot attend the meeting please see Mrs. Papagni
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: There are no after school vocal group rehearsals until Wednesday, April 20th for Girls Group and Barbershop. Students who are doing solos and group work are to reach out to Mrs. Parker for rehearsal times in preparation for May 10th’s Vocal Ensembles Concert. Thank you!
- BAND & ORCHESTRA: Attention all musician students, please remember at the end of the day to pick your instrument up from the band room to take home and practice.
- HOMEWORK CLUB: If you are in 8th grade and need help with your assignments, join Homework Clubs on Tuesdays and Thursdays! 8th grade meets in Mrs. Papagni’s room in B305. Miss Rinaldi’s 7th grade homework club has ended.
- SISTER ACT, JR: Good morning! Sister Act Jr. CAST – Cops ‘n Kids is almost upon us! We will be performing at Cops ‘n Kids on the southside of Bethlehem on Saturday, April 23rd from 12 noon until 12:30! May we please meet after school on Tuesday, April 19th and Friday, April 22nd from 3:15-4:15 in the chorus room to get ourselves back in performance mode? Questions? See Mrs. Parker.
- STEP TEAM: Practice today, Tuesday.
- SOCCER: The soccer team played against Trexler Middle School last week here at home. The team was pumped and ready to go! The team ended up winning seven to one. The players that had one or two assists were Deklan McCean, Emmi Teran, Shem Mokaya, Issac Garcia, Joel Figueroa, and Jocelyn Amador. The following at one or two goals, Deklan McCean, Finn Brown, Isaac Garcia, and Cash Paulus. Congrats Hornets! Come support the Soccer team on Friday after school when they play South Mountain from Allentown!