6th & 7th GRADE DANCE: Get ready for some much needed excitement Northeast! Dances have RETURNED!! Northeast PTO proudly presents a dance for 6th & 7th Grade on Friday, May 6th, from 7 to 9pm in the Gym. Admission is $5.00 per person. The snack stand will be open with plenty of food and snacks, candy and drinks. Come and enjoy a few hours after all your hard work during PSSA testing. This is an event for Northeast students ONLY!
8th GRADE DANCE: Our Northeast PTO presents: A Night For Stars!, our 8th grade farewell dance on Friday, May 20th. Doors will open and dinner will begin at 6pm. Dancing will take place from 7-9pm. Formal dress is not required. You must have your school ID upon entry! See you there!
JUNIOR POLICE ACADEMY: Are you interested in exploring a career in Law Enforcement or learning more about the Bethlehem Police Department? Then you should attend the Bethlehem Police Junior Police Academy. The Academy is a two week program that takes place right here at Northeast Middle School. Cadets take part in presentations, live demonstrations and fun activities across the county. Cadets will receive daily breakfast and lunch, along with Academy uniforms. The Academy is totally free to you. The Junior Police Academy runs two weeks from June 13 thru June 24th. 8th grade and 7th grade students are encouraged to apply. Cadet selection will take place May 18th. If you have any questions or need an application please see Officer Elias.
LIBERTY MAJORETTE TRYOUTS: The Liberty Grenadier Band will be holding majorette auditions on Tuesday, May 10th at 3:30pm at Liberty High School. Things will run the same as past years. Candidates should: Prepare a routine that showcases their skills. The routine should be at least 32 counts, but not more than 48. It is preferred that candidates perform to music. It is preferred that they demonstrate their mark time during part of their routine. Candidates will also be taught a 32 count routine on the day. Candidates should dress comfortably and wear appropriate footwear for an audition. It is not necessary for report cards to be brought to auditions.
VOCAL ENSEMBLES CONCERT: Join us for an evening of music on Tuesday, May 10th at 7 PM, featuring the after school vocal ensembles. The Vocal Ensembles Concert is a free event that will also feature our guests The Marvine Mustangers of Marvine Elementary School. Come out on Thursday, May 10th at 7 PM!
- AFTER SCHOOL VOCAL GROUPS: Students who are doing solos and group work are to reach out to Mrs. Parker either in person or through email for rehearsal times in preparation for May 10th’s Vocal Ensembles Concert. Thank you!
- BAND & ORCHESTRA: Attention all musician students, please remember at the end of the day to pick your instrument up from the band room to take home and practice.
- DISC GOLF CLUB will meet today after school until 4:15.
- WORLD PERCUSSION: Practice today after school for everyone. See you then! Let’s get ready for the concert coming up soon!
- SOFTBALL: The Lady Hornets won a great game yesterday against Allen, 28-6. Addy Smith led the team with 3 home runs and Kayla Cummings had a great homerun as well. The team played good defense and brought home the win. Nice job ladies! Good luck today against Easton.