FUNDRAISER: Our parent organization is holding a fundraiser for our school. You have been given a KidsStuff/SaveAround coupon book to take home to your parent. The coupon books are $25.00 and must be paid for if your family decides to keep the book. If you do not want the book, you must return it to your homeroom teacher. Please be sure to show your parent the book and the letter you were given that explains the fundraiser. If you sell 3 or more books to family and friends, you are eligible for a prize.
HOMEWORK CLUB: 8th grade homework begins this week in Mrs. Papagni’s room B305. 8th grade homework club will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:05 to 4:05. Teachers have begun to assign homework, so if you need assistance or a quiet work space, please attend.
LIBRARY COMES TO 8TH GRADE LUNCH: On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Northeast Library is coming to 8th Grade Lunch. Well, not the entire library! Mr. Beck is bringing a selection of NEW Fiction, Nonfiction and Reading Olympics books – about 100 different books. Check it out and sign it out!
WYLDLIFE: Want to find out about WyldLife? WyldLife lunch & games will be held at Northeast on Monday, Sept 23rd from 1:30am-3pm. Spend your half day with your friends & the WyldLife leaders, with pizza & games in the gym or on the field! Invite a friend! Are you interested? Please see either Mrs. Parker or student services for a permission slip. Parent permission forms are due on Friday, Sept 20 to Mrs. Parker. Bring $2 for pizza, if you are able, or, bring your own lunch. Come and join us for some fun!
- ARCHERY: Attention all beginner and advanced archers: Advanced archery starts on Wednesday the 18th. Most of you have gotten your permission slips from Mrs. Papagni already, but if you haven’t please make sure you see her to pick it up. Advanced archers will be setting up the range this Wednesday so please be prepared to work before we practice. Beginner archers, please report to Mrs. Papagni’s room B305 on Friday the 20th for your first mandatory safety lesson. We do have archery after the proud-a-thon, so please do not forget to attend. Beginner archers need to have all of their safety equipment on Friday. A reminder to the beginner archers that October 20th and October 27th are mandatory days for archery because of the safety lesson requirement.
- DEBATE CLUB: Are you interested in current events? Do you like discussing the pros and cons of current issues? Would you like to practice becoming a confident speaker in front of a group? Then please join our PUBLIC SPEAKING THROUGH THE ART OF DEBATE club. Debate club begins Tuesday, September 24 with Ms. Anderson in room A201. Stop by Room A201 to get a sign-up form.
- FALL DISC GOLF CLUB: Have you ever wondered what those funny looking metal baskets with chains in county or state parks are? Are you someone who likes the outdoors and would like to combine hiking with a sport? Are you already a disc golfer? Fall Disc Golf Club might be for you. Stop down for a permission slip outside of Mr. Wynn’s classroom, A103.There will be a brief interest meeting on Wednesday, September 18 after school for anyone interested. Hope to see you there!
- FANTASY SPORTS TALK CLUB: Do you love football? Do you play fantasy sports? Join the Fantasy Sports Talk club and look at numbers behind your football team, talk to Podcasters from different football websites, and of course, talk about Football. Come to room A309 after school on Wednesday, September 18th for sign ups and a quick meeting! Get in the game!
- GOLF CLUB: Attention ALL NEMS students! Do you want to learn the greatest game of all time? A NEW golf club, coached by Mrs. Novak and Miss Hefele, is forming, and it is open to boys and girls in ALL grades-6th, 7th, and 8th graders. A field trip to Lehigh Golf Center will be the reward for 5 weeks of fun. Of course, you will earn a proud pound for 100% participation. If you are interested, and you should be, come to a brief, after school meeting in room A102 on Wednesday, September 18. Space is limited!
- SOFTBALL SKILLS CLUB: Girls interested in learning or improving their softball skills should see Miss Rinaldi in A112 and ask about joining the Softball Skills Club. This club will meet twice a week, on Monday’s and Wednesdays after school and will help get us ready for our Spring season.
- SPRING READING CHALLENGE TEAM: Hey everyone, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, come to A300 on Tuesday, September 17th, right after school to get information about joining the Spring Reading Challenge Team. You don’t know what that is….then definitely come to A300 next Tuesday and find out. This is a great opportunity to earn a PROUD Pound, have fun with friends, and represent Northeast in a competition! See you on Tuesday at 3:05pm.
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP: Student Leadership is starting soon! Do you consider yourself to be a leader? Are you well- behaved? Do you make us NE PROUD? If you would like to be apart of Student Leadership, talk with your homeroom teacher to sign up! We will be meeting on Day 4 during activity period! Hope to see you there!
- SUPERHERO CLUB: Attention all those Superheros out there! Superhero Research Club is back this year with high demand! Superhero research is only open to 7th and 8th graders. The Club will be held on every Thursday for one hour after school. The first day will begin on Thursday September 26th! All permission forms are outside room A108. There are limited spots. First come first serve in Superhero Research Club. Please have your permission slip completed and brought back to Mr. Spieker or Ms Rinaldi. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Spieker in room A108 or Ms Rinaldi in room A112.
- AFTER SCHOOL CHORAL GROUPS: REHEARSALS: Monday, September 16 – NE Singers – all; Tuesday, September 17 – Girls Group; Wednesday, September 18 – NE Singers – all; Thursday, September 19 – Boys Group
- 6TH, 7TH & 8TH GRADE CHORUSES: These choruses meet & rehearse DURING the school day. Students who are interested in joining chorus this school year should tell their HR teacher ASAP. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Parker. Thank you for sharing your time and talent!
- GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: Yesterday, the Northeast Girls Volleyball Team took on Trexler, at home, and walked away with three wins! Only a tough loss in the JV game kept the girls from taking all four games. Great job, girls! The Team travels to South Mountain on Thursday to bring home more wins! Good luck, ladies!
DISMISSAL: Students please note that you are not permitted to remain in the building after dismissal unless you are involved in an activity. If you are waiting for a friend, please wait outside of the building.
SAFE TO TELL: It’s SAFE to Tell.” The SAFE Team exists to help students with problems in a confidential manner to help remove any and all barriers to education. You can refer your friends or yourself. Just fill out the SAFE to Tell form which you can find in your homeroom, Student Services, the Library and the Main Office and drop the form in the SAFE Box or give it to your homeroom teacher who will deposit the form for you. Don’t worry, “It’s Safe To Tell.