COPS N KIDS: Cops N Kids Book Collection…. Only ONE more week! Please bring in those books! We are trying to donate 2,000 books! Does your homeroom want to win?! Donate today!
MUSICAL MEETING: This year, Northeast Middle School Theatre Company is performing Once On This Island Jr. There will be an interest meeting for the musical on Wednesday, October 16th from 3:15-4:30 in the auditorium. We will be teaching the audition songs, dance, and give out the scripts for auditions, which will be held October 21, 22, and 23. The musical is open to any 6th, 7th, and 8th grade student. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes to dance in.
SCHOOL SPIRIT WEEK: To prepare for the close of our Fall Sports and Big Football Night game against Broughal we will hold spirit week starting on Tuesday, October 15th and ending on Friday, October 18th. If you would like to participate, here is the following schedule of activities for the week. We encourage you to show your school spirit. Tuesday 10/15 – Pajama Day; Wednesday 10/16 – Mis-match Day; Thursday 10/17 – Green and White Day; Friday 10/18 – Favorite Sports Team Shirt Day
WINTER SPORTS PHYSICALS: Attention 7th and 8th grade students interested in playing a winter sport. The BASD along with St.Lukes will be hosting FREE physicals on 10/23/19 from 5-7 at Freedom’s Main gymand then again on 10/29/19 from 5-7 pm at Liberty High School’s Auxiliary gym. Please sto p by the main office or student services to pick up a PIAA physical form. Those students who played a fall sport just need to pick up a re-eval form. All forms must be turned into our athletic trainer prior to tryouts. Any questions see Mr. Korcienski in room A-107.
- ARCHERY: Advanced archery will continue to meet on Wednesdays after school and beginner archery will be Fridays after school. Archers please bring in your t-shirt order form by October 11 if you plan on getting an archery t-shirt. If you misplaced your order form please see Mrs. Papagni in room B305 to get another one.
- BOY SCOUTS: Any student interested in joining the Boy Scouts, please pick up a flyer in the Student Services office. Boy Scouts will meet once a week on Tuesdays after school
- DANCE TEAM: Part 2 of the try-outs will be next Wednesday, Oct 16th. Please keep practicing!
- STEP TEAM: Thank you for trying out, Mr. Huie will post a list for the team by the end of this week.
- WORLD PERCUSSION: Attention students, World Percussion Ensemble needs you!If you are in 7th or 8th grade and you would like to try out and audition for piano or bass for the World Percussion Ensemble, please see Mr. Huie during school today. Yes, that is 8th and 7th graders interested on piano or bass. If you are a wind or brass player in 8th grade, please see Mr. Huie for music today.
- CROSS COUNTRY: Northeast cross country had a warm, buggy meet at Freedom High School. Derek Reusser came in first for Northeast. Adam Van Velsor finished with a strong sprint at the end. Dianna Carreon came in first for the girls race. Great job Team!
- GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: The Lady Hornets Volleyball Team came up against a tough Springhouse team, yesterday. However the Team is pumped for their win against the faculty today at this afternoon’s Pep Rally! And don’t forget to come out and cheer the Team on at their last home game, next Tuesday. This is their big Pink Out Game so come out and support the Team and cancer research!
- LHS WRESTLING: ATTENTION all 7th and 8th grade students. If you are interested in freshman wrestling there will be a meeting on Thursday, 10/25/18, in the cafeteria at 3:10. The freshman coaches will be giving you information about the team. Please be there right after school. Any questions please see Mr. Korcienski.
DISMISSAL: Students please note that you are not permitted to remain in the building after dismissal unless you are involved in an activity. If you are waiting for a friend, please wait outside of the building.
SAFE TO TELL: It’s SAFE to Tell.” The SAFE Team exists to help students with problems in a confidential manner to help remove any and all barriers to education. You can refer your friends or yourself. Just fill out the SAFE to Tell form which you can find in your homeroom, Student Services, the Library and the Main Office and drop the form in the SAFE Box or give it to your homeroom teacher who will deposit the form for you. Don’t worry, “It’s Safe To Tell.