The following guidelines exist for schedule changes requested after August 8th:
- This process is for the academic courses in English, Social Studies, Science, Math, and Foreign Language.
- A “Drop / Add Policy and Form” must be completed by the student and parent. Forms are available on the school website and in the counseling office.
- Schedule changes will be considered for valid educational reasons only. Schedule changes will not be made to accommodate requests for lateral moves within the same subject area or teacher preference.
- The counselor, assigned teacher, and department chair will review schedule change requests.
- Full semester courses will not be dropped after the first 20 instructional days (or 40 days for a year-long course) of class without the W, WP, or WF designation.
- Quarter courses (half semester courses) will not be dropped after the first 10 days of class without the W, WP, or WF designation.
- All students must maintain a full schedule for the entire year.
Withdrawals from a course will not become part of the student transcript if the course is dropped within the first 20 days of a semester class and within the first 10 days of a quarter course (half semester course). A “W” (Withdrew) will be recorded after 20 days but prior to the end of the first quarter. Either a “WP” (Withdraw Passing) or “WF” (Withdraw Failing) will be recorded if the course is dropped after the first marking period of the course, indicating the student’s progress at the time of withdrawal.
A course change must be based upon academic considerations, and be facilitated by a conference/plan developed by the student, parent, teacher and counselor/grade level administrator to support student success. This plan will require tutoring, completion of all required work to date, and a sincere demonstration of effort and ability by the student prior to dropping a course or level of course for all classes in English, Social Studies, Math, Science and Foreign Language.